This course is designed for current and future fitness professionals who are interested in helping individuals, communities, and groups gain the benefits of participating in regular physical activity in a positive and safe environment. This course includes guidelines for laboratory testing used in a health and fitness setting and for exercise programming both in healthy populations and in populations with special needs.
This course prepares students to become a certified personal fitness trainer through a combination of online study and one-on-one training with a veteran trainer. The course includes the Level One Certification. Fees include student insurance.
- This is a hybrid course with 15 hours of online content and weekly hands on live instruction with a veteran trainer at a local SPC Fitness Center.
- Master all key skills & personal aspects of assessing clients, exercise analysis, program design and more.
- Includes Industry Certification exam fees. (NCCA)
Special Bonus: Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer
- Employer internship hours (30) for a direct pathway to employment after Level I Certified.
- Level II Certification is no extra cost.
- Coordinated through WITS
Must be at least 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or GED certificate.
This course is approved for 3 college credits through American Council on Education. Anyone who successfully completes the World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) certification can join the ACE Transcript Service and request an official transcript.
The NCCA accreditation is the leading standard for certification programs. It enhances trust in the certification to ensure the trainer is current and competent in the fitness field. NCCA stands for National Commission for Certifying Agencies
. Established in 1987 by the Institute for Credentialing Excellence, the NCCA is an independent, non-governmental agency that sets the standard for professional certification programs via NCCA accreditation.